Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-10-2015, 05:27 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

POTM Champion

I answered my own question and I just finished reading this thread on another forum. Thought you might find it interesting. I definitely think I have high organics right now which seems to be a common thought cause. Makes sense in my tank with all the other factors I'm dealing with. I just started another thread about gravel vacuuming because I think that may be part of my problem. How do you vacuum your gravel well without disturbing your plants?

Old 04-11-2015, 11:34 AM   #12
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I skip it now and just kind of swirl the vac above the plants. This helps humus build up in the gravel which is good for plants (not ideal for fish I suspect). I do run 2 canisters so there is a bit of water flow to kind of sweep stuff along. Yourself?

Old 07-16-2015, 04:18 AM   #13
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Gosh, been a bit slack on testing. Tested last night and got 116ppm potassium. Test reading still seems high but I guess gives me an idea of what is going on. I have increased my K dosing so perhaps possible compared to last reading.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:31 AM   #14
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Sorry that was actually two nights ago. Last night added 15ppm K and same tonight.

Just finished testing. Got to buy 2ml syringes - stuffing around with 1ml syringes to knock air bubbles out and measure 1ml is stupid....

Anyways got 88ppm.

Scribbled more notes on dosing schedule and decided to bump K dosing over the week from 52 to 72ppm.

Still have leaves curling and getting pinholes at base of giant hygro / dropping off so seems to need more potassium.

It's just the giant hygro that is suffering and gets BBA on base of stem. It just grows so quick I'm constantly cutting off tops and replanting out old BBA covered ones. Progress I guess.

Val doing ok. Some other plant has grown into a thick bush of a dozen stems and suffers little BBA issues.

Tags
coral, test, test kit

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com