Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-06-2009, 03:16 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Coralife aqualight digital power center timer

hello, i am trying to help a co-worker with his coralife aqualight digital power center timer. he has the type with the digital clock on the top with day, hour, min, clk, mode, and prg buttons as well. i have followed the directions in the users manual and set 7 time cycles to turn the daylight outlets on @ 7:00 am and turn off the daylight outlets @ 8:00 pm all week long (sunday - saturday) i am confused what to set the mode setting to. when i set the mode to automatic, the night lights turn on (even though it is not after 8:00 pm when the day outlets get turned off) the day outlets come on when i set the mode to "on". which mode shall i set the unit to so the day outlets will be on from 7:00 am - 8:00 pm sun-sat as i have set all 7 time cycles to, and turn on the night outlets after 8:00 pm when the day outlets are turned off? i hope this has not confused you too much! i tried to explain the situation as best as i could! thank you in advance for your help. have a nice day

Old 10-06-2009, 03:22 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Only two things cross my mind.
1) you need to set the correct time of day on the timer.
2) after setting the on-off times you need to turn the timer dial a complete 24 hours to the correct ime of day to start the cycle.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:37 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

1. the correct time & day is set on the timers clock. there is no dial to turn to advance the unit 24 hours. this is a digital unit with no dials to turn! thanks for your help so far!
Old 10-06-2009, 04:09 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Is there a reset button?
Old 10-06-2009, 04:09 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

On those timers, I *think* you basically have 2 banks of outlets... let's call them "Bank A" and "Bank B".

When "Bank A" is on, "Bank B" if off.
When "Bank A" is off, "Bank A" is on.

The timer just controls the time the on/off state switches between "Bank A" and "Bank B".

So if your lights are coming on opposite of what you want, just swap the plugs around to the other bank of outlets.

Tags
coral, coralife, light

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com