Coralife Aqualight or Current-USA Satellite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reliability/Durability: Coralife Aqualight or Current-USA Satellite?

• Coralife Aqualight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Current-USA Satellite

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bombay

Aquarium Advice Newbie
If you've had any experience with either of these products, please leave a post.

I've read thru some of the threads regarding these two fixtures. Most are older though. There was also mention that Current-USA has 'updated' their ballasts, etc. I'd like to hear from anyone who owns/owned any of the Coralife fixtures or any of the Current-USA fixtures.

I've narrowed it down between the Coralife Aqualight single 24" 65watt and the Current-USA Satellite 24" single 65watt.

I've read a bad comment or two about the Current-USA fixture...bad ballasts...bad customer service, etc, but this just may have been one or two people's experience. I've read the assertion that Custom Sea Life became Current-USA. Not sure if that is just a rumor or what.
Pros: Black aluminum, straight pin base, bulbs seem to be less expensive, comes with moonlight at the same price as Aqualight
Cons: Reliability?/quality?
I certainly wouldn't make a decision based on the moonlight alone since they are relatively inexpensive and aren't necessary.

I've basically read good comments about the Coralife fixture.
Pros: good comments
Cons: bulbs are more expensive, fixture is not black, doesn't come with moonlight for the one in this price range

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=11418&N= 2004+113345

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=9871&N=2 004+113345

first off, 65w straight pin bulbs are universal...so saying Coralife 65w bulbs are more expensive is false.

I buy nearly all my bulbs from Hellolights.com when they go on sale, picking them up for $19 plus shipping.

I used to run moonlights, but got real tired of them, and one died, so I removed them. They are cool if you have nocturnal creatures.

first off, 65w straight pin bulbs are universal...so saying Coralife 65w bulbs are more expensive is false.

Thanks for the feedback. That is an odd statement though...and rediculous Basically, since I did the research on the prices, you are saying that I am false or incorrect...etc. I won't say it then, I'll show you. Now, of course, it depends where you buy them and how they price them...but the supplier that I usually use has them at different prices. drsfostersmith. Actually, a quick glance at just about every popular retailer online has the Coralife, Current-USA, All-Glass and other bubls priced according to the brand.

Like I said, currentusa bulbs are less expensive... Even at hellolights, the non-coralife bulbs are a few bucks less than the Coralife bulbs.

Coralife CD-14070 10,000°K 65W $27.99 CurrentUSA CD-21119 67K/10K 65W $19.99
Coralife CD-14071 50/50 65W $27.99 CurrentUSA CD-21121 Actinic 65W $19.99
Coralife CD-14072 Actinic 65W $27.99 CurrentUSA CD-21120 10K/Actinic 65W $19.99

Thanks for the feedback.

Back
Top Bottom