Coralife par rating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I highly doubt you will find actual PAR readings for a normal output light. Why do you need the numbers anyway? A dual bulb normal output fixture will only support very low light corals like mushrooms and polyps (yellow polyps, star polyps, etc.).

I was hoping the dual t5 with co2 injection and flourish would allow me to grow low light plants

I was hoping the dual t5 with co2 injection and flourish would allow me to grow low light plants

I have had good luck with the same light (30" model) on a shallower tank (20 long). No CO2 injection; daily Excel, weekly Flourish Comprehensive, monthly root tabs. Able to grow low light plants and some in the low-med to medium range.

image-2587466631.jpg

I bought another coralife hopefully that'll grow medium light plants

I bought another coralife hopefully that'll grow medium light plants

I would get a second fixture just for the light distribution. Right now the dual bulb sits about 2/3 the way back and that lights up the tank fine for the most part except where the fish are (at the front of the tank). What would be perfect is to have the bulbs equally distributed along the top.

Thinking about switching to LEDs. For the cost of replacing T-5 bulbs each year I could get and LED fixture and not have to worry about it for however long 40,000 hours is.

I would get a second fixture just for the light distribution. Right now the dual bulb sits about 2/3 the way back and that lights up the tank fine for the most part except where the fish are (at the front of the tank). What would be perfect is to have the bulbs equally distributed along the top.

Thinking about switching to LEDs. For the cost of replacing T-5 bulbs each year I could get and LED fixture and not have to worry about it for however long 40,000 hours is.

I have two dual coralife t5 fixtures now I would switch to led but don't think it would good for plant growth

Back
Top Bottom