coralife pc light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dudeinvb

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ended up just splurging an dbuying a new light, a coralife compact fluorescent. 2 65 watt 50/50's, i also have a 65 watt actinic and a 65 watt 10,000k replacement bulb. is this fixture or brand any good? and also would my replacement bulbs be better than the 50/50 bulbs that came in it? ive got a 29 gallon 30 inches long 18 inches high 12 wide. nothing in it yet but some live rock to cycle it. i will be adding my 10 gallons shrooms zooanth button polyp , nothing too big or bad. any experience or comments on the fixture and/or bulbs is welcome and appreciated

I've always liked the Coralife brand and your light is just fine for a reasonable mixture of corals. I do not like 50/50 bulbs. I would have at least 1 65w 10k and either another 65w 10k or actinic 03. T5's are the latest fad and a step up from Pc's and vho.

why is it that you dont suggest keeping hte 50/50's that came in it?

You can for the time being and then switch them out in a year. Normally 50/50 bulbs of any sort do not get as good all around penetration because each bulb is split. You also have the option of 1 10k and 1 6700k, but the coloration may show a tad yellowish without any blue to balance the spectrum.

Back
Top Bottom