Coralife PRO skimmer 65 overflow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nijoe1221

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I just got a new coralife skimmer for up to 65 gallons. As soon as I plug it in, the top canister fills up completely and looks like it's gonna flow out. Anyone have experience with something like this and can help me fix this problem? This is my first skimmer ever so I'm not familiar with parts and exactly how it works. I just know it works lol

so i just got a new coralife skimmer for up to 65 gallons. As soon as i plug it in, the top canister fills up completely and looks like it's gonna flow out. Anyone have experience with something like this and can help me fix this problem? This is my first skimmer ever so i'm not familiar with parts and exactly how it works. I just know it works lol

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400704742.133796.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400704764.348657.jpg

You need to adjust the red nob to the right of the collection cup. Turn it till the water level in the tube is near bottom if cup.

IMO/IME that skimmer sucks. I would take it back and get something better. With the coralife skimmers you will likely always have overflow issues. They just aren't designed well to be hang on back skimmers.

Yea I started to hear bad stuff about them after I bought it which sucks. But I've been messing with that knob with no success. Do you think it has something to do with the water level? It's where it should be but still who knows

Yes it has to do with water level in your tank. Maybe try taking a gallon or two out.

For some reason it randomly stopped overflowing. I turned the flow up to about halfway and still good. Might be the water level because it went down by itself. Thanks for the responses

I had the CSS 125 for my 50 gallon reef. I hated it and wished that I would have bought something nicer. It took me months to get it dialed in properly, and about a year into its use I went to clean it and part of the plastic just snapped where I disconnected a tube. Bad, bad, bad. If there is any way you can take it back, I would do so and look at something from Reef Octopus- they make nice stuff, it costs more than Coralife but won't break the bank like some of the "premium" brands.

Back
Top Bottom