coralife Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lloydxmas

Aquarium Advice Freak
I found a coralife skimmer 300 gallon for a good price and was wondering how well they are built and if people like them. It will be going on a 75 gal with sump. Sump size is undecided. Please make recommendations on other skimmers you think would work better!

I have a Coralife 125 on my 90 with a 40 gallon sump, works great

I'm not familiar with their cone skimmers but their "super" skimmers are not worth the money IMO. I have one outside collecting dust. They work but not as well as others for the price. How good of a price did you find the 300 for? If it's cheap enough it should be fine for your tank. Just make sure it will fit under the cabinet in a sump and that you have enough clearance to remove the collection cup.

I'm not familiar with their cone skimmers but their "super" skimmers are not worth the money IMO. I have one outside collecting dust. They work but not as well as others for the price. How good of a price did you find the 300 for? If it's cheap enough it should be fine for your tank. Just make sure it will fit under the cabinet in a sump and that you have enough clearance to remove the collection cup.

What would you recommend for a 75 with 20 sump?

have you considered a reef octopus? I think this one would work fine for you:

Reef Octopus Needle/Pin Wheel Protein Skimmer

It's rated for 150g which I think will give you great performance. :) You always want a skimmer rated for MORE than the actual tank volume as alot of manufacturers underrate their skimmers.

Will that still work if I had a 40b? Just trying to find best option of sump refugium!

Back
Top Bottom