coralife super skimmer 220 ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mwrmma

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just received my skimmer in the mail today, and was taken back by how big it was. anyways, i was wondering if i could rig the suction and discharge hoses and keep the skimmer under the tank. i have a 90 gal tank on a regular size stand. i dont have a canopy right now, but i am planning on building one, but it will have to be pretty damn big now to house the collection cup for the skimmer. i know that most people use it in the sump, but unfortunately i dont have a sump right now. so will the pump be able to suck from the tank into the skimmer and back up to the tank again? any suggestions welcome.
thanks

I dunno, but I'd GUESS that the discharge is meant to have 0 head. putting it under the tank means it has to push the water all the way back up. This may affect the function of the skimmer or cause a flood. I'd call the manufacturer.

If you drop a hang on back skimmer too far below the water line then more than likely you will overflow the collection cup. I don’t think it can be done personally since it’s not really a closed system like a canister filter.

ok thanks. looks like i'll have to hang it on the back and make a REALLY BIG canopy

Back
Top Bottom