Coralife Super skimmer 220 (replacing pump?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkalfsbeck

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

It's been a while since I've last posted, but I have a question about the css220 that I currently own. I'm having pump problems right now w/ it. I've already been through 2 units since the pumps are not sold seperately my lfs just replaced my entire unit. But it's still a headache.

My question is since the css220 uses a 500gph needlewheel pump will other needle whell pumps that are used w/ their skimmer counterparts w/ the same dimension as the css220, will their pump brand work on the coralife.

The pumps I've been looking at are Rio (needlewheel)

Sedra(sp?) needlwheel used on their ASM skimmers. the Sedra 900 looked like it had the most similar specs.

And the Ocean Runner 2500 needlewheel pump that is used on the TurboFlotor 1000 Multi. The skimmer is practically same size as the cs220 but the pump is rated for 650+ gph

Is any of this possible or will I have to break my wallet and get a new skimmer? (its for a 210 gallon w/ a medium fish load (FOWLR)

I've contacted energy savers and they really only deal w/ the LFS

Any help would be awesome considering Energy Savers doesnt seem to know a lot about their own products.

Back
Top Bottom