Coralife T5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

milhous3er

Aquarium Advice Freak
Was wondering if these would produce enough light to have corals in tank. Tank is 38 gallons

img_1106775_0_0fcdf643dca1ae65b67fee9fc18e60d3.jpg

Pic is blurry, but a 10k bulb and a actinic bulb

Again sorry for the blurry pic, just giving you a size of the bulb.

Of course the LFS said I could use them for corals in my tank. Always skeptical on what the local fish store employees say. I may stack another set of T5s on my tank and put both actinic bulbs in one and both 10k bulbs in the other. That way I can turn them on and off individually.

yea thats only 2 watts per gallon. I would think you need at least 4 wpg for corals. but hopefully someone else will chime in to verify.

With 4 39w lamps of T-5 HO bulbs you would be able to have most LPS. Zoa's and leathers. You might be able to do some sps if they where put high up and directly under the lights.

Last edited:
I got the same fixture you got the 36" T5ho 39wx2 10k and 50/50 but I swapped them out to 6700K bulbs. I think you need two of them with a coral tank though.

Thanks to all for clearing that up for me. I went out today and got a 96watt compact flourescent light. This combined with my T5's should be enough lighting ???

Back
Top Bottom