Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-04-2016, 03:45 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Corallife super protein skimmer 125

I can't get rid of micro bubbles ! The tank was clear yesterday , but now the bubbles make the water look cloudy ! Help!

Old 12-04-2016, 04:41 PM   #2
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

is this a new skimmer , you may have micro bubbles till it breaks in , most new skimmers go threw a break in period . once the skimmer starts to draw skim-mate those bubbles go away .

every new skimmer I got took about a week to break in , some took a little longer as each skimmer is different. the air intake may need to be finely tuned if bubbles persist after the break in.

some may experience this because the water level is low , If you have the level to low this will cause the water coming from the overflow Chanel to splash into the tank causing a splash which in return cause bubbles , I keep my water level about a 1/4 inch from the overflow Chanel and never get bubbles , higher water levels keep the sound of running water down also ,

Old 12-04-2016, 04:50 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thanks so much very informative.. yes its brand new out box ! It was 340$ but got It during a going out fish merchandise. My water level is high but I think the way the flexible tube is connect to the black sponge it's partly out of water ..gonna check on all you mentioned

Tags
coral, protein, protein skimmer, rot, skimmer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com