Corallife Super Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheRealFF

Aquarium Advice Freak
Im looking at purchasing a Corallife Super Skimmer. I can either buy the 65G or the 125G model. Which one do yall think i should get? My tank is 30G. By any chance, anyone knows how big are the pumps of the 65G and the 125G models? Thanks alot

Are you gonna use it as an HOB?

Why not take a look at the AquaC Remora. its like $168 at mainedepot.com for the remora with the maxijet. It should be more than enough for the your 30gal, and I don't think that it is thant much more than the Coralife.

I have never used the coralife, but I haven't heard great things about it, and its pretty big.

the pump on the coralife 65g is about 4"x4". I would go with the 65g because its a little bit smaller and it will work just fine.

The thing is... we have $100 store credit at my dad's friend's LFS cuz we returned lots of stuff. My dad doesn't want to pay a whole lot on an equipment that we already have (prizm skimmer). Unfortunately, this LFS only has Prizm and 125G Corallife skimmers. I could ask him to get some 65G Corallife or AquaC in though that might be so much trouble for him to order something just for me. BTW. my dad doesn't like buying stuff off the internet :( And yes im going to use the new skimmer as HOB cuz i have no sump :(

the skimmer on the 65 is a Rio 1100 Needlewheel... I am sure if you google that you can find out some more info on it... IMO, i would go with the 125, i actually think the pump is smaller on that one, also the collection cup on the 125 and 220 models have a drain hole on them so you dont have to empty out the cup often.. HTH

tjara03 said:
the skimmer on the 65 is a Rio 1100 Needlewheel... I am sure if you google that you can find out some more info on it... IMO, i would go with the 125, i actually think the pump is smaller on that one, also the collection cup on the 125 and 220 models have a drain hole on them so you dont have to empty out the cup often.. HTH
I really want to buy the 125G model too. It's simpler for me to just buy it from the LFS than ask the LFS to order the 65G model for me. Plus, i AM going to upgrade to a bigger tank as soon as i get enuf $ from my internship job, which will starts in the summer. So the 125G skimmer would be perfect the new tank. The only thing that is making me wonder is that the 125G model might be too big for a 30G... I heard the pump is a gigantic monster. I don't know what to do :( I'll just let ur opinions lead me. Thanks for the replies guys

Thank you so much tjara03. That post helped me clear up my mind alot. Yes i am going to get a CCS125 after all! :D Heck, the post made me even want a 220 lol.

Back
Top Bottom