Corner-Flo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uscamaro

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am about to buy a 55-gallon drilled Corner-Flo tank w/ cabinet stand and a wet/dry filter for $500... I need any feedback about this tank/filter asap!

I'm going to move this to the General Hardware/Equipment section. I think you might better a broader response there.

The only bad thing I have heard is that it`s hard to provide adequate flow to all areas of the tank because of the shape.

maybe it's "overflow"... it's a regular 55-gallon tank, but one of the corners is blocked off by a black plastic piece and 2 drilled holes on the other side of the plastic for the wet/dry setup... they also told me it's mainly used for reef tanks

I recently bought a 125g Perfecto CornerFlo tank. The reasoning, supposedly, for the overflows in the corners is it's a better location. It sort of makes the corners round and easier to stack live rock.
Are these brand new items? Price sounds a little high. I paid $280 for my tank, but I got a super deal.

Yes, they are all brand new items, but I didn't feel like waiting around for a used tank to my liking (I have searched many sites looking for used ones, and only 2 tanks to chose from) I know it does sound high, but it came with a pretty nice stand, lights + bulbs, and glass covers

Yeah, it's tuff finding what you want used...that is until after you buy it. I ended up buying my new tank after looking for a used 1 for a few months.
What kind of lights are you getting? Forget about the glass covers. You don't want to use them anyway. See if you can get a test kit or 2 instead. Are you getting a pump too? You need something to get the water from the sump back into the tank.

Yea, the wet/dry filter comes with the sump and everything needed. I thought the glass covers were necessary to keep the water warmer or something. I was under the impression that they were important.

If this is going to be a saltwater tank, you are better off with no covers as a covered tank can have pH issues due to a lack of good o2 exchange. No probs with FW tho.

Cccapt/All, I forgot to mention I moved this from the brackish section.

The Perfecto CornerFlo tanks include the overflow plumbing kits. The AGA MegaFlow predrilled tanks do not include the plumbing. That is the AGA MegaFlow plumbing kit.

Back
Top Bottom