Could this work for a 10 and 5 gallon tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessiNoel21

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420676376.148911.jpg if I put the 10 on top and 5 in the middle?

5 gallon Betta Tank
3 gallon RCS Tank
1 gallon Betta Tank
In process 20L reef

If you're wondering about weight, I'd say no. Just the water alone weighs 120 lbs, if my math is correct. That wire looks awful flimsy as well. Also to help with weight, you could put the 5 on top and the 10 on the bottom, that would help a lot. It would look nice, but I wouldn't do it IMO.

Nils

We will see setting it up Saturday after I get back from LFS with the substrate for the 10 gallon :).

5 gallon Betta Tank
3 gallon RCS Tank
1 gallon Betta Tank
In process 20L reef

My 5 is only 55lbs with water, 2" gravel bed, sponge filter, cave, and ADFs. A gallon of water is 8lbs so a 10 filled is 80lbs plus I am putting 1" foam under them

5 gallon Betta Tank
3 gallon RCS Tank
1 gallon Betta Tank
In process 20L reef

I have a wire shelf similar to that which is stated to hold 160 pounds per shelf. I have a 5 gallon and a 10 gallon on them and have had no problems for several months. Just make sure you leave yourself enough clearance when assembling it to do water changes on the tank that's not on the top shelf. I made the mistake of putting them too close together and ended up having to take the tanks off and move the shelf down a few inches.

I did also anchor mine to the wall!

I am leaving 6" for water changes and I am anchoring to the wall to :) plus putting foam board under to lvl the tanks :).

5 gallon Betta Tank
3 gallon RCS Tank
1 gallon Betta Tank
In process 20L reef

I'd also recommend something rigid between the wire shelf and the foam. Foam would help but I'd still be a little leery of all those pressure points. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I bought foam and plywood to go under them :). I had one for my 30,10, and 20L in college but than again that one was for a garage storage. We will see how it goes tomorrow when I set it up :).

5 gallon Betta Tank
3 gallon RCS Tank
1 gallon Betta Tank
In process 20L reef

No moss cover tubes :) and Ty.

5 gallon planted(1m/2f guppy and 2 ADFs)
10 gallon planted divided Betta(1 male and 1 female)

Back
Top Bottom