CPR CS90 DX Overflow with AquaLifter Pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr.Nate

Aquarium Advice Freak
I think I'm gonna buy one on ebay....are they any good? And what return pump should I get? I was thinking of a Rio variable....HF12. That way I don't even need a ball valve, I can just adjust the Rio. I believe it's 0-840 gph and the CPR overflow is 600 gph. I'll have about 6' of head. Sound okay?

I would recommend against both the cpr and the rio pump. the CPR is quiet, but keeping the siphon is a problem. The aqualifter pump works fine, but they tend to go bad after a few months of operation. I would recommend a reguler C tube overflow. The rio is an iffy pump, you may get years of operation from it, but on the other hand it could fail under a year. Many people have problems with those pumps. For the same amount of flow I would recommend a mag drive 9.5 they are quiet and can be mounted either submersed or externally.

my .02

I have a Mag 9.5 and it is SILENT... can't tell it's there. I would also go with a U-tube... I have two on my 60 gal and they work great.

Regardless of what pump you get... it would be advisable to add in a ball valve anyways, just in case you'd ever need to adjust it. A tru-union joint is also good so that way you can take the assembly appart if you ever need to dismantle/clean it.

I have a CPR overflow (1400gph) and the aqualifter, never had any problems with them. The pump I use is a 1200 gph Iwasaki, it's a little bit noisy, like there is a jet underneath the tank... I guess it all depends on what you want and if you mind some noise, I have my tank in a room away from our master bedroom so we can't hear it at night. The other have good advice too. :D

Back
Top Bottom