crazy protein skimmer!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snickers450

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey guys..im on my 3rd week of cycling right now..everything is going fine..then i added my liverocks, i added it just now because i went low on budget..but anyway, all of the sudden when i got back from school my protein skimmer was overflowing from the waste cup..then it started bubbling like crazy..this wasn't happening before i added my liverocks..and also i put water conditioner in my tank beacuse i used tap water..do you guys know what is happening with my skimmer..is it doing its job???..TIA..

does the water conditioner and skimmer working together?..or the skimmer is fixing my quality of water..are you saying that i should have not used a water conditioner..from the time i came home from school the bubbles subsided dramatically..but it has some more purifying to do..

i ran out of funds..i have to suck it up til i have money for the live rocks..i know its not the best thing to do..

I would suggest using RO/DI water so you do not have to use water conditioner, if the conditioner is the problem. RO/DI is the best option for any SW tank anyway, IMO.

And no, you don't have to start all over.

Back
Top Bottom