Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-11-2009, 01:58 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Curious as to what timer to use...?

Ok here is what I am trying to do. I want to get my lights on a timer/power center. Basically I have 4 plugs I need on timers. I have my Blue actinic bulbs that will go on in the morning along with the canpoy fan. Thats two plugs so far. Then my 10K daylight bulbs will go n and actinics off, while keeping canopy fan on. Then all off from like 2-4pm then back then all on from 4-8 then I need moonlights on. I knwo its really really confusing to read, but is there any timer that I can have 4 individually controlled plugs on?

110gTj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 05:19 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist
I don't know of a single timer that has 4 individualy timed plugs.
Coralife has a 'digital' one that has 8 plugs(I think it's 8) where 4 are on and 4 are off and you can set it so they flip back and forth once a day, as in 12 hrs on and 12 hrs off, not limited to 12 hrs though.
Mine broke after about a year so I bought 4 individual mechanical timers, the kind with the little red and green pins, for less than the cost of a new Coralife. I like them better anyway cuz I can get extra pins and set as many on-off cycles as I want on each timer. Although I must say any more than 3 cycles would be over kill.
Ruadh is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com