Current Orbit LED lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Carey has them but the general consensus is softies and some lps. No sps or clams

I have them over my 40b right now. I have the 36"-48" ones too so I have perfect coverage and the highest amount of light I can get. What size tank are you wanting to put these over? I am keeping softies and some LPS so far, but its only been like a week or two. I am not coming home for a few more days, been gone all week so not sure if the corals are still liking them, they seemed to like them alot before Ieft.
I think I might be lucky since my tank is not very deep, any deeper of a tank and I dont think it would keep much at all.
The chines fixtures will grow anything and as long as they are adjustable then I'd opt for those. I am running 5 of them and thy work very well, actually very very bright so be sure to acclimate corals with them.
I bought the orbit cause of the slim design and nifty features and timer. They work great btw, but how often do you think you'll use the storm effects? lol I only use them to show people how cool it is other than that it serves no real purpose.
The remote iss handy and the programming is pretty easy, now if it will just grow corals lol

I am putting them on my 75 gallon tank. Currently I have an 8 bulb t5 with 3 bulbs not working and I have sps lps and a clam. I think my wife has already bought them for my bday on wednesday. I guess we will see. Thanks for the information Carey!

Hey any updates? Did you get the lights? I am curious because I am thinking about getting these for my 50 gallon. I also have a deresa clam I am most concerned with.

I just bought one for my 50 gallon yesterday. I only have a mushroom and a zoa and a green bubble tip anemone. Any updates on your lights?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have not got one yet. Still researching if its going to provide enough light. Please keep me updated on how your bubble tip anemone is doing. If this fixture can support your anemone then I would think it should be adequate for my tank

My bubble tip wasn't doing so good ever since I got him. Here is a picture of him this morning. I don't think I got a healthy one from the lfs. I made the mistake of buying one that was closed at the time at the lfs. The light I replaced was a fluval full spectrum light and it was really bright white light with very little blue. I like this light better. My bubble tip always hid in a shaded area with the old light. I'm hoping the new light will be better for him.

Attachments

• 1397050877117.jpg
    1397050877117.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 118
Hey Melissa, has your anemone improved under the orbit light that you got? I have some concerns of the light is enough for anemones and SPS. I only have a single SPS so far under mine and he is doing really well so far. I also only have a shallow 40g tank so I would think the lighting is enough for me, but not certain iot has enough punch for a taller 50g tank.

Hi Carey, my green bubble tip anemone died. I don't think he was to healthy when I bought it. I now have a Condy anemone for 2 weeks now. He is going really good with the lighting. The only thing I don't like about the light is I'm having a hard time programming it to the hours I want. I all bought a couple frags, an xenia and a flower polyps ( think that is what it is) I had to move them closer to the top.

Attachments

• 1398554142883.jpg
    1398554142883.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 1398554160182.jpg
    1398554160182.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 1398554192604.jpg
    1398554192604.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 73
For an update on my orbit fixture:

i went ahead and started mounting my corals and they are still doing well. The SPS hydnophora is mid tank level and opens very fluffy and pretty, looks to be doing well. I also only have the lights at 60% so I have a ways to go before I am at max light.

All my other corals are loving the lights still, no problems except for a new brain coral I picked up, it is fading in one section and doesnt really open much so not sure what the deal is with that guy, if its the lights or something else

Right now I am using the stock setting, the coral acclimation one which is at 60%. I think, not 100% sure but I think its P3.

I've been meaning to adjust the times but just havent gotten around to it yet. lol

I have been using the stock settings too. The first setting M1. I think it is 100%. I think I'll check out the My setting. The directions to set your own is very vague. I thought I set it correctly and it defaults to the factory setting.

Back
Top Bottom