Current Satellite+ vs Satellite Pro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrGame

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55g planted with a Satellite+ on it right now. Do you guys think there's any benefit to upgrading to the Pro?

Thanks,

Terry Benton

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

3 times the power, what's your wants and goals?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

3 times the power, what's your wants and goals?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sorry I forgot I started this thread lol. Just plant growth basically

Ill be getting the pro/ecoxotic the regular didn't have much power only good for low light

I ended up making a huge left turn and going with a Fluval PlantLife LED. I got a phenomenal deal on it and the light output is strong. I'll update with any growth over the next few months ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424224673.573991.jpg

Works, 48"? How much was it?

My LFS had it on sale for $179. I definitely wouldn't have bought it for the $300 they originally retailed for as that opens up a lot of competition. It definitely lights the bottom of the tank better though

I ended up making a huge left turn and going with a Fluval PlantLife LED. I got a phenomenal deal on it and the light output is strong. I'll update with any growth over the next few months View attachment 264620

I would run both if you are looking for more light.

My LFS had it on sale for $179. I definitely wouldn't have bought it for the $300 they originally retailed for as that opens up a lot of competition. It definitely lights the bottom of the tank better though

Yeah my LFS wants $320, way to much for what it is, it has lots of little LED's but at that price it either needs a timer or more power.

I had a Marine and Reef one I sold for $175 used on amazon, netted $154 came with my 150XT for $250 including the stand so I got a 150g tank + stand for $100 lol, good thing I unloaded it when I did.

I would run both if you are looking for more light.

Yeah my LFS wants $320, way to much for what it is, it has lots of little LED's but at that price it either needs a timer or more power.

I had a Marine and Reef one I sold for $175 used on amazon, netted $154 came with my 150XT for $250 including the stand so I got a 150g tank + stand for $100 lol, good thing I unloaded it when I did.

How would you mount both of them? One on the front glass and one on the back?

How would you mount both of them? One on the front glass and one on the back?

Yeah thats what I would do. A 55g is pretty narrow but both lights are not that bright, if you run into algae issues I would put the Satellite on like a 4 hour a day timer and then run the Fluval the whole time or vice versa but I don't think the Fluval alone does much more light output than the Satellite.

Yeah thats what I would do. A 55g is pretty narrow but both lights are not that bright, if you run into algae issues I would put the Satellite on like a 4 hour a day timer and then run the Fluval the whole time or vice versa but I don't think the Fluval alone does much more light output than the Satellite.

It definitely seems it. It's also aimed much better. Supposedly the PAR is better for plants too

Back
Top Bottom