Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-29-2015, 01:30 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Current USA LED orbit lights

I have these lights on a 29g. Does anyone have these and have successful stony coral growth? The only thing I have been able to keep are soft coral. If anyone has them, what intensity do you have them at? White? Blue? I had them at about 70% white and blue and I put a Montipora which grew rapidly for about 2 weeks then started to turn brownish green. I don't know if it is dead but there hasn't been significant noticeable growth like when I first got it. But as for the color. It looks terrible. Let me know what it could be. Thank you.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:53 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Stony coral meaning what? SPS, or LPS? If you are hoping to keep sps, I don't think it's going to happen. Your montipora isn't dead, it just could use a little more light.

Old 01-29-2015, 05:56 PM   #3

Yeah sorry, I don't really know the terminology that well but by stony I mean calcareous coral. So I guess LPS and SPS because they both are calcified. And to what should I turn up the intensity to for the montipora to start growing again or gain it's color again?

Thanks,
Lee
Old 01-29-2015, 09:01 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I have these lights over my 40b which is alot less deep than your 29g and couldnt keep SPS in mine. I do keep some LPS tho, like a duncan and a hammer. I have had good luck with soft corals though. I keep my lights at 100% setting so I would recommend adding a few % every few days, that might get that monti looking better. You could also raise the coral in the tank as well. Just go slow.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:53 PM   #5

Do you have both white and blue at 100%? And yeah they're really cool lights with the effects but the output isn't good and I was actually planning to swap them out because I wanna be able to have anything in my tank. What other coral have you been able to grow with these lights?
Old 05-04-2016, 10:22 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
I have these lights over my 40b which is alot less deep than your 29g and couldnt keep SPS in mine. I do keep some LPS tho, like a duncan and a hammer. I have had good luck with soft corals though. I keep my lights at 100% setting so I would recommend adding a few % every few days, that might get that monti looking better. You could also raise the coral in the tank as well. Just go slow.

Hi. For the OrbiteMarin leD blue and white lights, both are 100% full blast? It won't bleach the corals? Thanks.

Tags
current, led, light, lights

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com