Current USA Nova Extreme 4x24W 24" vs. Sundial 24"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bawel

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these 2 lighting system, it seems both have 4x24W T5HO, only the Sundial has a timer and Lunar lights. Anything else different? Does anyone know? The price is like $30difference, I wonder which one would be better, cause I know expensive doesn't mean it's always better :)

Thanks in advance

I have a Nova extreme 2X24 W fixture and I have been very happy with it. Had no problems whatsoever. The 4X looks exactly the same, just wider. Reflector works well... not a lot of heat (reasonable anyway), all in all seems to be a well put together fixture. In fact I just ordered a second one a few hours ago :)

Have no experience with the sundial, but they are obviously the same company. Looks like the sundial has a built in fan, led's, and 2 timers... all good stuff to have, but you may already have some or all of that equipment so you may not need it built into the fixture. You can use an AC Computer fan (about $5 at radioshack), and any old timer you find at a LHS (usually the same timer cost more at your LFS).

http://www.current-usa.com/sundial_t5ho

Hey fort,

I too actually have the 2x24W but I need to upgrade my lighting, that's why I'm curious of the difference since both are 4x24W, altho it had crossed my mind that it's cheaper to do 2 systems of 2x24w, it's just better to have it in one clamp since my aquarium isn't wide enough to have 2 systems :)

Thanks for input though, anyone has any experience with both?

I had the Nova extreme and upgraded to the pro. I didn't like the flimsy legs on the extreme, but it was a decent system, until I cracked the end caps. I can't speak to the sundial either.

Woah Roka, shall I just take your Nova Extreme? :p Just kidding! Thanks for the input, I think I'm heading towards the Nova Extreme, I don't need the extra timers on the sundial.

Back
Top Bottom