Current USA Orbit 30" 2 x 65 Watt Power Compact Strip L

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattt6511

Aquarium Advice Activist
is the Current USA Orbit 30" 2 x 65 Watt Power Compact Strip Light W/2 Lunar Lights a good light i found it for $160.00 or i could cheap out and get the 130watt odyssea light for $85.00 what would you do?? anyone have any experience with either light?? thanks.

I think Current USA's products are of very good quality. They are a little cheaper or near in price to Coral Life's Aqua Light but in my personal opinion they are much nicer and the Sun Paq bulb systems are of much better value than those used by Coral Life.

I bought the Orbit from Drs Foster and Smith for ~$130. It's a nice light. I did a 30 minute modification--I added a third CP tube for 195 watts total. Current makes a retrofit kit with a single 65 watt tube for a Eclipse hook will fit into the Orbit with a little modification. It bright!!. R

rickh said:
I bought the Orbit from Drs Foster and Smith for ~$130. It's a nice light. I did a 30 minute modification--I added a third CP tube for 195 watts total. Current makes a retrofit kit with a single 65 watt tube for a Eclipse hook will fit into the Orbit with a little modification. It bright!!. R

Got pics?

I can't speak for the 30" personally but i do have a 60" current usa pc fixture and i was VERY impressed with the quality of the fixture. as for comparing to coralife lights, i would say that the current fixtures are equal, if not superior, in craftsmanship ( i have an 72" aqualight pro on my reef tank). I too ordered mine from drfostersmith.com and it came in flawless.

I have the 2x65 watt Coralife fixture, and I got it for $125 with no lunar lights. I would think the quality is about the same, however now the coralife is giving me problems AGAIN where the lights will not turn on at times.

I think you have found a good deal.

Here is a picture of the light after I added a third tube. R

Attachments

• light_519.jpg
    light_519.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 28
  • light_838.jpg
    light_838.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 60
Back
Top Bottom