Current USA orbit marine led?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bduni50

Aquarium Advice Activist
Thinking of getting this light for my 20 gallon long. Any of you have any experience with this light? Will have a few sps in the tank(birds nest). LFS sells the 24-36" for 260! But can get it online for 150.00 :)

Carey, a member of the forum, is running an orbit on her 40b. You may want to try asking on her 40s thread or sending her a pm.

Dr fostersmith they are on sale right now like $140ish for 36 inch. Also I was informed by lfs owner they have to match a price online if they are contracted by orbit

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have the 36-48 inch orbit over my 40b and its been a few months and corals seem to like it. I have the higher light demanding corals higher up in the tank, such as a sps frag. I';ve seen some growth on several of my corals but did lose a brain coral recently....I am still debating whether it is suffucient light though lol. :)

On a 20L it should do the trick as the tank isnt very deep like the 40b isnt very deep either. That and getting the largest fixture that will fir seem to be good ideas when looking at this light. So if you have a 24 inch tank get the 24-36 inch fixture, not the 18-24 inch one.

It is a very nice light though, i love it and the colors I get from it.

Dr fostersmith they are on sale right now like $140ish for 36 inch. Also I was informed by lfs owner they have to match a price online if they are contracted by orbit

Really! That's good to know!

Thanks Carey, it either this light or the TaoTronics off of Amazon. Really like the idea of not having to worry about how to mount it and the remote.

I say Tao panel, no doubt that will grow any photosynthetic creature you'd like

I was ready to go with ones bribo linked in a thread for me till I got to talking with owner of lfs while getting lizard food can't pass those orbits for that price

Yup same thing with me. I just don't want to be restricted on corals cause of lights. That's the only thing holding me back at this time.

I was ready to go with ones bribo linked in a thread for me till I got to talking with owner of lfs while getting lizard food can't pass those orbits for that price Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The Taos on eBay are still cheaper and a much better light. LFS is just trying to make money. Money > sound advise for most LFS.

That is true, was a breath of honesty that learned me on the fact they "have" to price match the orbits. But the output in the tank I'm setting up will do anything I will be comfortable with for trying in my first tank.

Back
Top Bottom