Current USA Orbit Marine LED Aquarium Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

superman1950s

Aquarium Advice Activist
im looking at getting one of these (Current USA Orbit Marine LED Aquarium Light) to keep zoas and LPS. the only real issue that i have right now is the over all 24w. i've seen other lights that have like 120w. Reason i ask i see reviews on marineland and amazon saying their corals love it, but I've never seen corals under that low wattage. i'm kinda new to LED reef lighting. i've been using T-5 VHO since i got into salt. I don't want to spend a lot of money if theres no need to upgrade from my T-5s. on my 29g bowfront im running 1 T-5 VHO and 1 regular T-5. Currently have 2 brain corals and a very large green polyps colony.

I have the current orbit led fixture over my 40b right now. I just put some corals in yesterday or the day before and they seem to be loving it. They are all open and look good already, even better than they did under the 4 t5's I had over them. They are definitely not enough for a deep tank but in my instance they will be just fine for lps and softies.
The fixture is very neat and has some nice settings, like the cloud cover and such plus the timer and the built in settings are very useful.

I'm not sure they will penetrate down to the bottom of a 29g though.....

I also got the 36-48 inch version instead of the 24-36 inch one which gave me some extra leds and it lights the entire tank from left to right.

Sounds like a good deal then. I was thinking about using my t-5 along with it. Would that help with depth?

To be honest, you might wanna get a single fixture that can meet your needs rather than mixing and matching. it will come out cheaper in the end and there will be less cords and things to break. Do you have a budget in mind? There can be other options as well.

Back
Top Bottom