Current USA PC not working Heeellllp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lowteck

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a current USA Orbit 192w pc fixture. I've had it for about two years and using a bulb for about 1 1/2 years and another half of that time. Then all of a sudden the bulb flickers and goes out. I put the spare bulb in and IT wouldn't get bright tried the bulb in the other slot it works fine. Tried again in the slot the bulb was in...just a dull glow. It's the slot that the fan uses, the fan still works but the bulb just doesn't get bright like the other slot. Having mechanical background I take the fixture apart to see if I find any obvious problems...everything looks good no corrosion, no loose connections what is the deal?? Could the bulb have messed up the ballast when it went out?? I think not because a lot of people would have that problem?? Can someone please Heeeelllllp? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies. I'm planning on going to marine depot or custom aquatics. Anyone know some other good places to get a good ballast??

Back
Top Bottom