Current USA Strip light for 35G SW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Hi all -

I have a 35G JEBO new R 375 which I am using for my SW tank right now. The light unit got rusted and stopped working. The tank has a built in top all in one type unit. The cost for a new replacement one which holds 2 65W 50/50 compact tubes is 175. So I'm pretty sure I will never go that route.

60074-albums14354-picture68822.jpg

Not even wanting to keep this JEBO tank long term. Getting a 36G, 46G or 72G black bowfront for the SW so I am looking for a temporary fix and laid the strip over the top and it lights the tank nicely.

Tank is 30" and the strip is 44" so too long. I can deal with it hanging off the sides for a little bit until I find a deal on the new to me tank I want.

The light strip is a Current USA strip light with remote.

Will that work in any way for SW?

ATM it should work because I have one Zoa rock (the Palytoxin "killer" Zoa rock at the top) 2 Clown fish and a clown Goby, an Urchin and a few snails. The Zoas are opening up with it now.

I honestly never tried to program it yet.

I am considering moving the frags out of my 12G rimless garden into the 35G tank to combine and save work.

The frags in there are 3 kinds of Leathers 2 almost dead encrusting Montis (they didn't like the change of light fixture) Ricordeas and mushrooms a duncan and a big rock of encrusting Monti seems to be doing OK. Oh and a Rock Flower Anemone and a frag of Pinwheels Zoas.

Present fixture is the Fluval Sea Nano Reef and Marine on the 12G. (Eventually going onto my 5G Chi macroalgae tank.)

I could move it over to the 35 and spot it over the top of the ones that need more light/ Remove the top of the 35 "built in" light.

60074-albums14227-picture68710.jpg

(I do plan to get a more permanent light solution for the bigger tank but was waiting for the new tank since I have no clue what size it will be yet, and thought I would keep the Rimless garden 12 SW but think I might like it in FW as I am consolidating and changing some tanks around.)

Last edited:
They have a LED light on sale right now on Petsolutions.com. Just saw it.

Love My Fish ♡

Back
Top Bottom