Currents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, you use magnets. It's how we make electricity in power plants. Generally, the process uses some form of water (hydroelectric or as steam in coal or nuclear plants) or air (wind farms), which turns a turbine. The turbine is attached to magnets, so when it spins, the magnets produce a current/voltage.

I recently dont know of anything except the make some emergency battery powered items. Only reason I know is I`ve heard from others here on the site. I dont have any other info.

Oh, I think the only way to create a current (for water) without electricity would be either gravity or air. If you have a tank of compressed air or something, and have a regulator etc, and have a airstone on one side, it will create some circulation. Otherwise, if you have some water above your container, and let it fall (tubing or a slide of some sort) you can create current that way.

Welcome to AA!

What exactly are you trying to do here? Details would help a lot.

You can use an internal combustion engine with a paddle wheel.
You can aim a garden hose with a spray nozzle into the water.
You can build a fire under tank.

None of these would do much good for an aquarium, but they would create a water current without needing to plug anything in.

An electric pump is probably the most efficient way to go for the average tank. Most small pumps use less electricity than your average fluorescent light bulb.

You could keep one side of the tank in shadow and one in sunlight, and I think the differing temps would cause the water to circulate, but I don't think fish could live in there..

man danny your coming up with solutions lol

It's what I do.. :p

Anyways.. have a peltier, a parabolic mirror, and a coldish river, anything flowing, and a few heatsinks. Have the mirror aimed at one side of the peltier and the river on the other, which will produce something like 12V, and some amount of current.

On another hand, get a river, and buy a hydraulic ram pump.

Wouldn't it be easier to put the slave on one of those electricity producing bikes and make him go? It's much more efficient to bike than to stir says I

Oh, I forgot how that will produce water current :p. Either the bike can be suspended over the body of water and have paddles attached, or it can be attached to a pump (air or water), or both :p

Anyways, did we ever figure out what the op wanted?

Back
Top Bottom