Custom made tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikeybabs

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello guys... I'd like to have a fish tank made a certain size and was wondering where I could get that done and the cheapest solution? Thx! :)

You could get the glass cut at a glass cutter and DIY it with Aquarium safe silicone and stuff.

mfdrookie516 said:
Glasscages makes some different sizes, I'm not sure of they do custom sizes, but they might... They may even make the size you are wanting

Unless you live close enough to them for them to deliver or meet them at a drop off site their shipping is insanely expensive. They wanted to charge me 48 bucks to ship one piece of trim for a tank. It's a $16 piece of plastic. I can only imagine what they would charge for a tank.

Well I wanted a tank About 8 ft long to cover my entire bar table however I just got in contact with a guy that lives 45 min away and he is going to deliver his 125 gallon tank next Tuesday :)

I can settle for a 6 footer... So now bubba will have a better home... Now to find a new fish to house the 54 gallon corner tank lol

HUKIT said:
I would make sure your bar can withstand that much weight, I've seen some that wouldn't make it.

My bar currently has a 55, 29, and 10 gallon on it... So 94 gallons of weight... However I don't want to dismantle them all to put the 125 gallon on it so I'm going to put it back to back with those 3 tanks and keep the tank on the stand/canopy :)

Thx everyone

My bar currently has a 55, 29, and 10 gallon on it... So 94 gallons of weight... However I don't want to dismantle them all to put the 125 gallon on it so I'm going to put it back to back with those 3 tanks and keep the tank on the stand/canopy :)

Thx everyone

thats still another 31 gallons of extra weight...at roughly 8lbs/gallon--thats about 248 lbs of water:) and im slightly confused, are you going to simply rearrange the other tanks on the bar and put the 125 behind them?? or is the 125 gonna be on its own stand?

thats still another 31 gallons of extra weight...at roughly 8lbs/gallon--thats about 248 lbs of water:) and im slightly confused, are you going to simply rearrange the other tanks on the bar and put the 125 behind them?? or is the 125 gonna be on its own stand?

After a lot of thought im putting the 125 on its own stand, on the opposite side of the bar table, so the bar table will have 3 tanks going down it filling it up and on the opposite side will be the 125 going down almost the entire length of the 3 tanks

Back
Top Bottom