D-D Giesemann Powerchrome AquaBlue+ T5HO Fluorescent Bulb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uajosh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just purchased all six colors of the D-D Giesemann T5 bulbs. Has anyone on here used them before? They were the more expensive ones on Marine Depot. I have one bulb out, so I figured I'd go ahead and replace them all.

Giesemann are good bulbs, I only ran one in my old t5 fixture which got replaced with LEDs instead of new bulbs. My father in law got the fixture and just replaced the bulbs with all giesemann bulbs and he likes them. Haven't seen them myself yet but from what I've heard and read they are good. Do you have the pink one too? I've never added any pink or red light to my tank but I'm curious if it makes a difference. I'm contemplating swapping out a couple white LEDs for red ones.

Just be careful changing out your lamps for high end ones like Giesemann or ATI. The PAR numbers will go way up and you could shock your corals. It might be a good idea to use a couple pieces of window screen to block some of the light, and then remove one a week until you are at full strength.

Yeah, I ordered the pink one too. I will have them in a few days and replace them a few days later. Pictures of before and after will come sometime after that.

Just be careful changing out your lamps for high end ones like Giesemann or ATI. The PAR numbers will go way up and you could shock your corals. It might be a good idea to use a couple pieces of window screen to block some of the light, and then remove one a week until you are at full strength.
Good idea. I may try that.

Update

I just purchased all six colors of the D-D Giesemann T5 bulbs. Has anyone on here used them before? They were the more expensive ones on Marine Depot. I have one bulb out, so I figured I'd go ahead and replace them all.

I can only attach one pic at a time, but I have my new bulbs!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 73
Update

I can only attach one pic at a time, but I have my new bulbs!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 82
Back
Top Bottom