Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

I'll see because the fish business isn't that big here so i probably take what i can get. I like my mollies tough(altough they are males and dominate each other during feeding). Breeding sounds fun but i don't know if have enough space in tank for that. I probably need more tanks then and i dont have that much space :'(
Eheim classic it is i guess i saw some good reviews

Old 01-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have my tank in my bedroom as well. Get the eheim. Virtually silent! I have to put my head right up to it even then I'm not sure if it's running. I also have an aquaclear on my tank as well. It is pretty silent other the. The water falling back into the tank. The only noise really comes from my power head and air pump. I would get an eheim2213 if you are getting a 30 gallon. I have a 35 and it works great. Hope I could help.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thanks Hobgob ! Yes i will get it I heard it was silent. I really need that to get asleep. How is the water splashing with the eheim?

Thnx again !!
Old 01-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

It doesn't splash at all. I have my the the tube under water like it said in the instructions. And if you looked on YouTube their is one guy that wow. He said the instructions where not in English but they are after a couple of pages lol. The green tube going up in the intake and the horizontal one is where it come back out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4003041995.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	70199   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1301825428.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	70200  

Old 01-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh and priming it is super easy! Just suck on the tube coming out the top of the canister going back to the aquarium.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hi the Eheim external would be perfect,personally i would go for one of the later models over the classic versions as i have found them to be noisier! Go for a version which is for a bigger tank then it will not have to work as hard so in theory it should be quieter? Also if in a base unit under a fish tank you could 'line' the cupboard to muffle the sound of the filter,also i wrap my filters in old towel,this is to insulate them in my shed but i am guessing also a good way to quieten it down aswell Failing that try two internals. Good luck and i know what you mean about the sound as i had two tanks in my bedroom and the buzzing sent me mad
Old 01-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thnx for explaining and taking so much time hobgob !! I really love the pictures for explaining even more. I will definately get the Eheim classic !! I really love this community !! Thank you so much !
Old 01-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hi if you go with a eheim classic i would take out some of the blue sponge{i think it was blue?} and replace it with eheim ehfisubstrate in a mesh bag. This is much more efficient than the sponges. So in the base put the solid pre filter the little round things,then a single sponge,then the ehfisubstrate then a single sponge and polishing pad if possible. I had a eheim classic 2217 and that all fitted
Old 01-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingrays4
Hi if you go with a eheim classic i would take out some of the blue sponge{i think it was blue?} and replace it with eheim ehfisubstrate in a mesh bag. This is much more efficient than the sponges. So in the base put the solid pre filter the little round things,then a single sponge,then the ehfisubstrate then a single sponge and polishing pad if possible. I had a eheim classic 2217 and that all fitted
Thank you man !! Your help is really appreciated. You have great ideas for the sound problem. And oh great tip on the filter media ! You guys are so helpfull. I can't believe it i'll see what my budget is when i buy it. But i rather spend more and have it completely silent !!
Old 01-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ya there is a blue sponge, white foam, carbon pad, and two types of filter media rock thingys. I forget the name and at a dentist appt so I can't look it up. You don't need the carbon pad either. I got my eheim on boxing day for a good price which is why I got the classic. I would go with the newest model depending on the price but I still love my filter. It cane with two double valve which say is not included on the box. It makes it super easy to clean. Wow I can't think of what I don't like about mine... I have to think more. There might be one thing.

Tags
dead, silent, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com