Dead-silent tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes i might get an Eheim professionel filter if they have it in the store :) thnx again hobgob :) It will be good either way

Thank you !!

i've got aquaclears too. keep the water level high and i sleep like a baby :) the sound sort of puts me to sleep anyways.

Haha nice :) i cant get them where i live but lucky you. Good solution but any sound will get me awake :(

in that case i'd go with the ehiem canister. it's a little much for a 30 IMO, but it'll keep things really quiet and really well filtered. :)

A quality canister can't be beat. I have an ehiem pro on my 55 and it's absolutely silent. I have aquaclear which are great as hob go but do have noise from water returning to the tank. The ehiem will make water noise aswell depending on where you aim the return.

Great info ! You guys are so friendly :) i checked already one store but they didnt sell it there. I need to check another one later today. i fell in love with a betta fish there :D some plecos and other cool fish : D

bettas are pretty awesome ;) you could always order the eheim online if you need to.

Hi you may find the eheim ehfisubstrate rather expensive,but it last for a very long time. The manufacturer recommends replacing it every six months but i would ignore that as i have yet to replace mine and its over four years old now:whistle: Yes try and look online to see if you can find what you are looking for(y)
As for the noise you may need to twiddle things a little just to make it totally silent. Keep us posted please:)

A new thought, I've recently purchased a couple 10g marina kits that come with a slim hob filter. This is achieved by having the power head/pump on the intake tube in the tank. Absolutely silent filters, they don't require priming if power goes out. I've found them to be nice little filters do its something else to consider. Another idea is you can make your own canister filter with some basic plumbing supplies and a pump.

Th only thing with thoughs filters is when it gets touching the edge of the tank, something in the tank. The vibrations start going through everything and it is rather loud IMO. Also all the noise you don't hear, your fish do.

One thing I would suggest, if you have the carbon packets, save them for a time when you have to remove medications from the water. Fill the last compartment with a synthetic filler like crafters use to stuff pillows or things like that. You can get a huge bag pretty cheap and it works as a water polisher, cleaning out all the gunk the other sections miss (and there is a LOT that they miss).

Another suggestion; Use a thin film of petroleum jelly on the gaskets. It keep the seals moistened, helps prevent the seal from leaking, and is harmless to the fish.

I keep my canister sitting in a plastic tub just in case of a leak, but I haven't needed it... at least not yet.

The one day when I checked the seals I felt some water... All scared I was getting ready to take it apart.. My hand was still wet from the tank lol.

Thnx for the BIG tips you guys ! Haha hobgob i totally understand xD i would act the same way : )
No i'm not going to make it myself because i don't have the knowledge for that :) and i wouldnt know where to buy all the material xD
I really appreciate all the comments i get. I get so much information that i can use to make it really dead-silent !!!

Thnxxxx :))

Everybody has their own tricks and tips. It's awesome

The new fluval 106,206,306 and 406 are very quite I have to put my ear on it to even hear it working and they are very very good filters

Back
Top Bottom