Deal or no deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blert

Aquarium Advice Addict
Found a 135 gallon with a 75 gallon sump today. It is a saltwater setup with a protein skimmer, heater, pump, stand, plumbing, 100 pounds of base rock, 100 pounds of sand, canopy with four t5 bulbs, one power head, in-cabinet lighting for refugium in sump, 65$ gift card to LFS.
... They are asking $600
I am going tomorrow to take a look and get specifics and makes/models of the hardware.

Your opinion?

Is say that's reasonable is halt $450 max imo a deal would be anything less then $350...where are you located thought does kinda make a difference

Mrc8858 said:
Is say that's reasonable is halt $450 max imo a deal would be anything less then $350...where are you located thought does kinda make a difference

I'm in Florida.
So you are saying I should maybe offer around $450 if everything checks out and the equipment is not cheapo stuff?
Also, from the pics, it is very dirty. The guy says it was running for three years before he took it down so I also assume there are going to be things that will need replacing.
Other than leaks, which he is willing to fill it if I ask, I am mostly concerned about the protein skimmer. I know they are costly for a good one so what should I look for in this one? Do they break, malfunction or have parts that need to be regularly replaced?

The skimmer is pretty much just a shell a good cleaning should be good the pump for the skimmer on the other hand is another story but just ask him to send you a stock list of the main items (brand/model) and post it on here so we can give you more info

Edit* and being in Florida id pay less then my estimates being I'm averaging mine off of Pittsburgh used prices Florida is among the best places for good deals on aquaria

How long was it out of service and where was it stored?

You might be resealing.

Pton46 said:
How long was it out of service and where was it stored?

You might be resealing.

Not sure but I will ask today. The whole system is still assembled and from the pics it is on a tile floor so it must still be inside right where he had it for display.

I'll have a parts list today by 3pm(EST).

Did not get to go see it today. The lady had to catch a plane at 3pm and her room-mate has not called me back yet. Unless the room-mate calls, the next time the owners will be home is next weekend. :( Bummer. Was looking forward to researching some hardware tonight.

Back
Top Bottom