Dealing with all of the cords

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MDChurch

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 20gal long tank on a stand commercially made for the tank and I am in the process of installing a 10gal sump in the cabinet. Room is limited in there so I'm just looking for ideas as to how to deal with all of the electrical in the cabinet and keep cords out of the sump. Also concerned about evaporation and plugs, cords,etc. that maybe mounted on the inside walls of the cabinet. Thoughts and ideas would be a great help. Just trying to stay safe and functional at the same time. All equipment is hooked up to GFCI by the way. Thanks for any comments and/or ideas.:thanks:

Is it a wooden stand? Maybe you could use those plastic clips with the nails in it for running TV cables? Run your cords down the corners of the stand to where you need them to go.

The big problem is all of the cord excess hanging. There is the light,skimmer,heater, and 2 powerhead cords all at least six feet long so there is alot of excess cord hanging. If they are bundled then its a pain when you need to take a piece of equipment off for cleaning, maintenance,etc. If they are tacked down to the wooden stand, same problem. Everything is running off of a coralife controller with the light timer.

heres an idea i have a 4foot shop strip with 12 outlets and trip its attached to the top under side of my cabinet cords run up so any drips go away from power supply as for wires get your self some velcro strips like the kind you would use in your entertainment center cut to size as needed and wrap to fit ...you can reuse the velcro not like wire ties or clips .......good luck(y)

I use a power strip mounted in the stand designed for audio racks...
This is the one I have:
Amazon.com: Technical Pro PSB9 1U Rack Mount Power Supply a.k.a. PS9B: Musical Instruments

I then just got some tie wraps with the screw tab attached, and tiewrapped the cords, and screwed the tab to the top of the tank stand. This way, with the power rack mounted in front so I can switch everything easily without unplugging stuff, the cords are all tie wrapped neatly and hanging out of site behind the power rack.

both ideas look great! Thanks again for giving me a direction to start. Now to get those cords out of the way so I can put the sump in. Thanks again.

cord supply mayhem

i do this for my computer i bought several different color tape and placed some over the ports but you could do the like heater filter then place the same color by the same plug its simple and i think thats the best

Back
Top Bottom