Definate: New 180+ gallon SW Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AMDPhenomX4

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well. The first step toward the new tank was done on thursday. Paving the Driveway. Now were getting a shed. Then im moving my room down stairs. Because of this, I can get a Dam massive fish tank. Here are some things to note.
I already have a Little Giant 4MXQC and would like to use it as the main Sump to main tank. It does about 1100GPH at the height i will be using it for. This will be a Reef and so Suggestions on lighting will be useful. Still deciciding between T5 or MH. This cant cost too much over a Grand. More or less i need ideas on what size tank, What type of lighting , and what type of size Sump. Also what kind of PH to get, Best place to get Dry Rock. Etc.
How would i go about moving my current tanks inhabitants and prevent a cycle. Also where can i get over 100 gallons of water?

Call the water company and ask what they use to treat the water. You can get a handheld TDS meter to tell you how bad the water is but it won't tell you what's in it. I used a chlorine test kit from my pool to test my tap and it was 0. I tested my tap for phosphates also and it too was 0. I plan on picking up a ro/di unit in the future. I've read about using what hospitals use to purify water and it seems like a much cheaper alternative.

You want to build out and stock a 180+ gallon for not 'too much over a Grand'? Good luck! Anyway, I take it from your 'my tanks' section that you're currently running a canister? Are you keeping it once you add the sump? Adding live rock?

Take a water sample and get it tested. Phosphates, nitrates, hardness, ph , etc..

Well the lights and tank + stand for under a grand. Possibly a deal on a Sump and tank. The rest for hopefully under 500.

Back
Top Bottom