Difference in Actinic's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbaier

Aquarium Advice Regular
I currently have a 46g bowfront with about 88 lbs of lr and have 2x96w pc lights. I need to reorder new lights and am going to be getting a new 10k daylight and an actinic because once I move I want to start getting corals. Now what is the difference between the O3's and the 7,100k actinic? is one better for corals? TIA

7100 k's aren't actinics, they're simpley colored blue. Make sure what your buying is labeled true actinic '03 which will have proper actinic phosphours. Your corals will fluoresce much brighter. Both will do the job although the 7100's won't make your corals flouresce the same. It's pretty much aesthetic in either case.

Cheers
Steve

Thanks alot, I was leaning towards the actinic 03's, I just wanted to make sure they were the best. Thanks again

What about for a FOWLR tank..? I know that the fish don't need light but what kind/type of of light would make the fish look good/fluoress?

You can buy NO atinics. I had some purple ones that looked extremely cool. The NO are less expensive for a FOWLR tank.

Back
Top Bottom