The difference I see is I paid 22 bucks less at Big Als for this one
My thoughts in buying a UV
are that it kills bacteria parasites etc, also it help in controling Algae. Mind you, in my heavily planted tank algae is not really an issue. But I read an article a while back where somone was talking about the virtues of a UV
sterilizer. I liked what I read, and since they are not very expensive, I bought one. I have not really been running it long enough to say either way whether I think it has truly benfited my aquarium. Of course, my concerns are that one I have read that it can cause nutrients to oxidize (iron in particular from what i have read) and two if it kills all the algae... I will have some hungry algae eaters.
I have it on the outflow that goes through my CO2
reactor. If it at least cuts down on the slime that forms in there (on the airstone and in the "sponge"), then I will consider it was worth it. It it keeps me from getting some nasty infection in some cut on my hand when I go reaching in there...well then it was doubly worth it.
lol.... so greenmagi... the bottom line I guess for me is..its a toy... I like toys.... sometimes you have to play with a toy to decide if you like that toy.