Differences in protein skimmers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dary421

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys,...I'm gathering all my merchandise for my new ( to me) 75 gallon tank that I'll be getting soon from a friend,.....I'm currently running a eshopps HOB skimmer on my current tank and it amazes me how much junk it collects,...truly a must have item!! I've gathered just about everything needed for the new tank except for the skimmer,
Anyway, one of these tanks will have the hOB eshopps skimmer and one will get a shinny new skimmer,...wether it'll be a HOB skimmer or a in the sump skimmer has yet to be determined.,I kinda like the HOB units just because they're always showing you what's going on.

My question would be that it seems the consensus that most everyone like the reef octopus skimmers,..what makes the octopus skimmers a crowd favorite? I'd like to keep the skimmer in the $200-$250 range if possible but I'm open for suggestions. Thanks ,Dary

The reef octopus skimmers are designed based on some of the best skimmers on the market. What makes them so great is they do the job they are meant to and they are very affordable. A budget of $200-250 will get you a nice skimmer that will work well for you on a 75g tank. I would suggest an insump skimmer just to keep the back of your tank clear of things and to keep any potential leaks in the sump rather than down the wall.

Back
Top Bottom