Digital temp readers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've had the PinPoint wireless all the way down to the 15 dollar ones. What am I doing wrong? It's 70 degrees out the house temp is about 69 my digital tank reading for temp is telling me it's 82.6 impossible. The heater is set to 76 and the water to the touch is nowhere near that. I've gone through soooo many. Placement? It's suction cupped to the back glass.

I just don't understand. It was spot on for awhile I even changed the battery.

Convict2161 said:
I've had the PinPoint wireless all the way down to the 15 dollar ones. What am I doing wrong? It's 70 degrees out the house temp is about 69 my digital tank reading for temp is telling me it's 82.6 impossible. The heater is set to 76 and the water to the touch is nowhere near that. I've gone through soooo many. Placement? It's suction cupped to the back glass.

I just don't understand. It was spot on for awhile I even changed the battery.

Im with you! I don't know I have 3 of the bleedin' things and NONE of them agree! 2 of them report temp differences of 2.7 degrees in same tank. Where is the blasted accuracy!!! About to just go but a bunch of the old school red fake mercury ones and be done with it.

I stupidly thought digital equalled accuracy but apparently these are calibrated by a drunken gnome on his crack break. Especially un-useful when I am trying to heat treat for ick (Ty petsmart) and trying not to BBQ my fish! I also have those LCD strip temp deals but they reveal even less information. They all stay black and tell me nothing. So I feel your frustration.

Not unlikely to actually have a 2-3 degree difference in water temp within a tank, depending on the circulation. Depending on the heat your lights put off that can greatly increase your temp, more so on top than deeper.

I have a heat alarm in my work car for my k9 with thermometers on each side of the car and depending where the ac blows there can be a large difference in the air temp. Same in the water.

JustinKBreen said:
Not unlikely to actually have a 2-3 degree difference in water temp within a tank, depending on the circulation. Depending on the heat your lights put off that can greatly increase your temp, more so on top than deeper.

I have a heat alarm in my work car for my k9 with thermometers on each side of the car and depending where the ac blows there can be a large difference in the air temp. Same in the water.

Except I when I conducted the test I did so in accordance with the proper scientific method all parameters being equal IE placed them together in the exact location in the same test tank and the discrepancy was still there.

I think it's a Chinese plot to drive me crazy.
"I know what we do to foolish American! We sell them dishonorable digital temperature gauge. Make them never the same, AAAAHHHH- so".

jetajockey said:
I use the $1 glass thermometers, they are always spot on.

I agree, I do the same. The digitals look way cooler, but sometimes you cant beat simplicity.
Ohh BTW, this was a hilarious read... Thanks!! :)

Yeah this digital things are for the birds!! Suction cup thermometers side of tank for me it is!

Can't even use the PinPoint for cooking it's that bad...

Target practice it is!

image-811603506.jpg

Convict2161 said:
Yeah this digital things are for the birds!! Suction cup thermometers side of tank for me it is!

Can't even use the PinPoint for cooking it's that bad...

Target practice it is!

I'm down with that

image-2180019765.jpg

I'll probably get yelled at for getting off topic but crazy optics on the AK. I just use a holo sight on my ar15.

JustinKBreen said:
I'll probably get yelled at for getting off topic but crazy optics on the AK. I just use a holo sight on my ar15.

Just huh? From what I see you have collapsible stock, bipod, side rails, custom grip etc etc this ain't my first rodeo lol. Besides you mean this isn't the guns and ammo forum?!?!?

Back
Top Bottom