Digital Thermometer Reference

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishalicious

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been thinking about a digital thermometer for quite some time now.
Even though the human hand can differentiate within 2 degrees I think it is, I'm sick of running back and forth between my tank and my faucet to make sure they are almost identical.

Just wondering if anyone has any good references on any particular digital thermometer. Less $$ the better!!!

I've been looking at this one http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=29481&category_id=3231&pcid1=

but it's so inexpensive and doesn't say the accuracy that I'm kind of worried I'll definitely be getting what I pay for. Although, I'm under the impression that Coralife makes good products. I've also been looking at the 'Little time and temp'.

Let me know!
Thanks in adv
-Dan

Seems like it would work fine. Since it is battery operated, I dont think it will be as cheap as you think. How often will you need to change the battery?

I have the exact same one... looks good.. works great (good accuracy--tested with multimeter) and you can't go wrong for the price. Only complaint is the suction cup that holds the sensor is of low quality... went all warped and funny after 2 months use.
jt

The suction cup thing is fine with me. I dont even think I'd keep it in the tank at all times. I have a reg thermometer in there that has been working fine. I'd only be using it for water changes.

Q: How long does it take to make a reading?

Thanks Again
-Dan

i bought a really cheap one, about £2.50 ~ $4.5 USD

it updates quickly and "seems" to be accurate, no way to check it, but its always around the same temp that my heater is set to, within .1 deg C

Bearfan... spelling police?! i better watch myself!

I like the look of the one Bearfan posted. I've just bought it! Really souping up my planted tank at the moment... the first time I haven't been broke in a while!

Back
Top Bottom