Digital Thermometer - What does this button do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CCXGT

Aquarium Advice Addict

That PWR button...
When I press it, nothing happens..

Anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hold it down for a couple seconds..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It turns it on and off. But yes, it needs to be held.

Also, keep an eye on those thermometers. I have owned over 20 of them and they rarely last over a year. They continue to function but they start to be wildly inaccurate over time.

OHHHHHHHHH
POWER

Wow... I think my brain came out...

Also, keep an eye on those thermometers. I have owned over 20 of them and they rarely last over a year. They continue to function but they start to be wildly inaccurate over time.

Yeah I know, it was like 99p.

I'm just using it as a secondary thermometer, I'll get a liquid one when this goes bust.

Hmm, good to know, I have one in a display and one in my water barrel, 4 month difference, I'm going to check them later!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

These specific thermometers cannot be calibrated and can be off to begin and then get worse with age as their battery run low with use. I used to own quite a few until I placed over a half dozen in the same tank and got a temperature reading range over 5 degrees from high to low. You get what you pay for and I would also recommend a more expensive and accurate model................

These specific thermometers cannot be calibrated and can be off to begin and then get worse with age as their battery run low with use. I used to own quite a few until I placed over a half dozen in the same tank and got a temperature reading range over 5 degrees from high to low. You get what you pay for and I would also recommend a more expensive and accurate model................

Are there any that you would recommend? I have this same model, got it on Amazon because of good reviews but I definitely want accuracy.

I have 2 thermometers and a thermostat built into the heater on this tank.

Back
Top Bottom