Digital water testing kits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dclark

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Currently using tetra test 6in1 water strips for my 23l tank, I know these are far from ideal so when I get my larger tank I'd like have a regular digital water testing kit set up to monitor water quality daily if possible. Is there should a product??

I'm not sure, I know there are ph probes out there, but I haven't heard of any for ammonia, nitrite or nitrate. Your best bet is to get a good liquid test kit, like API's master test kit. They are more accurate than the strips, and fairly easy to use. Not as easy as a probe, but you also don't have to mess with calibrating them.

DJNut said:

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you. Now to decide if I'm willing to pay £60 for it. Decisions decisions. Have you got first hand experience of using it?

Anyone else?

Alyxx said:
That is awesome!

Agreed. Anyone have first experience of using this??

Worth spending £60 on a water tester?

Is this the recommended API water testing kit everyone is using?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/API-Freshwater-Master-Test-Kit/dp/B000255NCI

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have to calibrate those seneyes?

Edit: From the user manual
'Your seneye device requires no calibration. To ensure continuous readings for pH
and Ammonia you should simply replace your disposable seneye slide each month.'

The slides last 30 days. $30 for 3 slides. Think I'll stick to my api test kit.

It's pretty well the same as calibrating. It does look cool though. But $10 a month is too much for me. :p. Something like a Seachem ammonia alert will last 12 months. I'm guessing if they can do it so could seneye.

I just can't justify replacing something that often. But then again I'm pretty tight.

Back
Top Bottom