Dilemma..220g for my reef tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just heard back form someone selling a 220g drilled tank. The measurements are 72 X 36 X 24. I did not realize the 220's were so deep!

The dilemma comes in with the lights I currently have. I have a 12 bulb current extreme pro over my 125g that I would have to use on this tank if i get it. I am not convinced it can reach the bottom of the tank, 36 inches is really deep.

The lighting will make or break this deal so if anyone has any thoughts on if it will work or not please chime in. I expect this setup to be gone within a few days at most being as its only $300.

As far as corals I dont have much in the way of SPS in this tank,mostly softies and some LPS. I do have some brain corals on the sand currently and would like to get more. I also want some monti plates for the tank but they go up higher in the tank so that might not be an issue.

help you guys! not sure what to do! I want to get this tank for my reef but it may end up being bought for my cichlids instead if the lighting I have won't be enough.

Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom