Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-03-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Question Dimensions of a 75 gal. tank

Hi, someday down the road I would like to get a rectangular glass 75 gal. tank. I don't want one that has a small footprint and is really tall, I would like one around say 20-22 inches tall. Also one that has good width. Are there standard sizes or does every manufacturer have there own specs.
All answers are very much appreciated.

Old 04-03-2011, 03:30 PM   #2
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

a standard 75g tank is going to be 48" long, 18" wide, and 21/22" high. Breeder tanks are also similar. My 40 breeder is 36x18x16 which makes for a great footprint for 'scaping.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:36 PM   #3

Thanks so much, that is exactly the info I was looking for and also exactly the size I want. Now I can start to build the stand, it is going to be a while before I start worrying about purchasing the tank and equipment. My budget will only allow me to do so much at a time.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:04 PM   #4
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Make sure you add just a little extra room in there on the stand... about 1/2-3/4" as the trim does stick out just a little more than the glass, so they're slightly larger than the dimensions I quoted

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:10 PM   #5

definitely, I have been told many times 'bigger is better'.

Tags
dim, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com