Dimensions of a 75 gal. tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

halfcent

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, someday down the road I would like to get a rectangular glass 75 gal. tank. I don't want one that has a small footprint and is really tall, I would like one around say 20-22 inches tall. Also one that has good width. Are there standard sizes or does every manufacturer have there own specs.
All answers are very much appreciated.:popcorn:

a standard 75g tank is going to be 48" long, 18" wide, and 21/22" high. Breeder tanks are also similar. My 40 breeder is 36x18x16 which makes for a great footprint for 'scaping.

Thanks so much, that is exactly the info I was looking for and also exactly the size I want. Now I can start to build the stand, it is going to be a while before I start worrying about purchasing the tank and equipment. My budget will only allow me to do so much at a time.

Make sure you add just a little extra room in there on the stand... about 1/2-3/4" as the trim does stick out just a little more than the glass, so they're slightly larger than the dimensions I quoted

Back
Top Bottom