Dimmable LED questions Off Ebay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, I bought a moonlight led strip for the night. It was like 20$ on eBay including shipping.
I wove it into eggcrate because the led was too small to tape it onto.

scottayy said:
You can hang from a slanted ceiling.

What do you think would be the best way and how high off tank would be good

I'm running now 4 t5hos about 4 inch off water line total 116 watts

you can dim them. I would hang them about 6" above the water, and start them at about half way or perhaps even a little less.

mr_X said:
you can dim them. I would hang them about 6" above the water, and start them at about half way or perhaps even a little less.

Perfect thanks as always x ....compared to my 4 t5ho system running 116 watts total is that a big difference ??

These fixtures are much stronger than your existing fixture. They may not appear as bright, but they penetrate the water extremely well.

I have mine like 8" above my tank and my bird nest was bleaching at the top. It's crazy how much stronger it is than t5s. Mine was the 4 bulb 3 ft fixture from fishneedit.com and there was a huge difference.

I have 2 over my 33L and have them about 9" off the tank. The owner of the store I bought mine from did a PAR reading in front of me and it was 600 par in a 33L with the light about 6 inches off the top.
They look exactly like an eShine unit I had on a previous tank, driver brand was the same, case looked the same, etc.

Back
Top Bottom