Dirty water products

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animal fanatic

Aquarium Advice Activist
Sorry wasn't sure where to post this anyway I have been having trouble with cloudy water just wondered has anyone used this product ? And what where your results? thanks

Animal fanatic said:
Sorry wasn't sure where to post this anyway I have been having trouble with cloudy water just wondered has anyone used this product ? And what where your results? thanks

image-3400049351.jpg

This is the product :)

Animal fanatic said:

image-2797682414.jpg

This product

Animal fanatic said:
Also sorry what are these ? And what do they do thanks :)

I'm not sure on accu clear, but these look like Bio rings to me. It is filter media made for colonization of bb. They should be in some sort of pouch though? Are they ceramic? Were they in something like a mesh bag?

christine2012 said:
I'm not sure on accu clear, but these look like Bio rings to me. It is filter media made for colonization of bb. They should be in some sort of pouch though? Are they ceramic? Were they in something like a mesh bag?

Thanks , the bio rings ? Where in a small 10 gallon In my room that has no fish in it they came with the tank of a friend just wondered what they where :)

After using accu clear , it killed my glass catfish ;( so WHAT EVER YOU DO DO NOT OVER DOSE YOUR TANK !!!!!!!!

Don't go with any easy fix! They just cause more problems the majority of the time. How long has the tank been set up? You should just try to solve the problem so it doesn't happen again. A lot of tanks get cloudy when they go through a bacteria bloom(which is good).

And those are bio rings. You are suppose to put them in your filter so the the beneficial bacteria can grow on them. They don't need to be in a bag. It all depends on how the media is set up in your filter. If you need to nylon works great like women nylon. Maybe someone has an old pair you can use...

Hobgob said:
Don't go with any easy fix! They just cause more problems the majority of the time. How long has the tank been set up? You should just try to solve the problem so it doesn't happen again. A lot of tanks get cloudy when they go through a bacteria bloom(which is good).

And those are bio rings. You are suppose to put them in your filter so the the beneficial bacteria can grow on them. They don't need to be in a bag. It all depends on how the media is set up in your filter. If you need to nylon works great like women nylon. Maybe someone has an old pair you can use...

Hi there , can you help me with bacteria bloom ? Why has my community tank started to do this ? And my tank has been set up for about a year and a half , also would it be ok do you think to add the bio rings into my internal filter I have ?

Not trying to high jack this but i have a question about the bio rings. When doing maintenence should you clean theses or leave them be?

Shoei said:
Not trying to high jack this but i have a question about the bio rings. When doing maintenence should you clean theses or leave them be?

They only need a swish in old tank water like the other media. They don't really pick up a lot of debris

Back
Top Bottom