Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-11-2011, 09:12 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
Display Tank Opinions

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, please help me move it if it isn't. I felt it was the right spot.

Today I went to my LFS to price some stuff out and see what they carried. Most of the tanks they carried are a tank+stand combo. Since I have a stand I am almost done staining, I was looking around for just a tank. They had a (about) 115 gallon tank with a built in overflow for 250$. First, is this a good price for a 115ish gallon tank? (48.5" x 18.5" x 30ish high, can't remember exact height.) Second, I was considering building a beananimal coast to coast overflow. To do this I would need to remove the overflow that is siliconed in. The only problem with htis is I believe the tank was drilled on the bottom. If it is I would probably leave it in there. But, if it isn't, then do you think it would be fairly easy to remove the silicone and sell the overflow on craigslist for cheap? I've been watching for a good tank that would fit my stand dimensions and price range. I feel like this is the perfect tank, but I wanted to make sure it was a good deal. Thanks guys/gals for any help in advance.

The height may not be 30ish. Its possible it was smaller, but I want to say it may actually be closer to 90 gallons. Unfortunately I did not write down the dimensions. If possible, could somebody tell me what a good price range is for tanks with sizes ranging from 90 to 115 gallons? Even a guess is fine. I believe that this tank is the right one, and I will probably end up buying it.
Hillage is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com