Dispute between me and my neibor.. (125g used value)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e_murray

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so my 125 is for sale and my neighbor wants it but we can't agree on a price.

I want to sell the stand,canopy,tank,lights etc.

I just want to keep my gravel and decor for new tank.

What is acceptable used value?
Paid 1200 for it new, it's two years old.

I thought 500 was really good deal, what are your opinions?

I think you've priced it well, with everything included. Me personally, don't like the brown so if I was buying it, that factor would knock the value down for me.
I got my 125g with stand for $100 so it's just a matter of what people are paying.

Have you checked out craigslist in your area to see what they go for near you?

Hi Carey !

Yep, I have it on CL.
There are some cheaper, but they are older and look like crap IMO.

Mine still looks brand new still.

It's almost always worth more to you than it is to somebody else. You might find somebody who wants that setup and is willing to pay for it, but it might take a while. 125's usually go for $200-300 around here, the ones priced higher just keep getting reposted since nobody buys them.

Just basic lights the cheap ones that came with it. Has a HOB and a canister filter.

what kind of canister?

I usually don't even factor in accessories like lights and filters and stuff when I'm buying a used tank. The only exception is if they are aftermarket higher end type stuff.

Unfortunately tank resale is not anywhere near what people pay for them new in LFS. You'll be lucky to get 50%, and more realistically about 25%.

Even still with the cheap lights , I think 500 is a fair starting point, but don't be surprised it if you get lowball offers or if it doesn't sell quickly

Got my 125,stand, 72" 4 bulb cf hood, lr, sand, everything. For 300... But only because he wanted it gone... 500 isn't a bad price imo, if it were me it would depend on the accesories and the such, if it was a decent canister, a lot of lr or base...stuff like that.

Back
Top Bottom