DIY Fishtraps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltwaterTeen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone know any easy household material fish traps? Need to get rid of pesky damsels, because they are a waste, and I got a new maroon clown :D So getting rid of 5 damsels will make a big diference

yes get a peice of pvc pipe put a cap on the bottom drill alot of holes in the top leave like 4inches undrilled at the bottom tie 2 peices of string to the ends one on each side put it in your tank and leave it so they are comfertable in it then oh ya the strings have to be long enough so they are out of the water and in ur hand then when they are in there pull it out fast the water drains from the holes and there is no escape and there is enough water for him to be moved where ever you like if you need more help i can draw it out for you

img_286166_0_d283a52134e9bb468fed87619da73524.jpg

there we go this is mine i mad myself used it 4 times works great

I drilled holes on all sides so 4 sets of holes but i dont know if you need that many it cost me 3 bucks and best of all i did it all at ACE hardware i used there drill and there saw oh ya i did not use glue on the cap i was able to find one that fit real tight so i didnt have to use glue hope this helps

take a two liter soda bottle, cut the top off about 1/5 the way down where it starts to get real wide. Invert the top and secure it. Then place some food on the inside tied/netted to a rock and set the trap on it's side. I got my damsel and fireback in only a couple hours.

Yep, that's it! The fish can swim in but I guess they aren't smart enough to swim out? You may need to make the opening a little larger depending on the size of the damsel.

Good luck!!

we are so sad with out 3rd grade drawings lol that does look like a good idea thow

Well, its done and made. I added one of those meat cubes, and none of the damsels have gone for it. Should I rip it into shreds so they look like meat? Or should I do flakes?

I used a little piece of net and put a piece of krill on a rock. I didn't feed the tank for a day or two before so the fish were real hungry.

Yeah, the food is attached to the rock then placed inside the trap, this way the food does not float away or other critters such as shrimp carry the food off.

:D :D :twisted: :twisted: Ive been wanting to get rid of my damsels for a long time. I just set the trap in and man its frustating to watch :D ! I think its a matter of time now! :D :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom