DIY Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jann Josh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Guys, I just found a site for a DIY Skimmer and It seems its a low cost alternative if it works. If somebody out there can figure how this thing work and how to build it. Any experts there who could help, it looks like its a plastic bottles. Here is the site
http://www.aquarium.org.hk/cgi-bin/en/topic_show.cgi?id=634&h=1&bpg=13&age=0... Going home now... I'll check this tread tomorrow.... :D

Man that is ugly. There are a lot of DIY skimmers plans around, that is the worst DIY skimmer I have seen from a looks standpoint. 2 liter bottles are not very durable either...

D00d, thats hilarious..I couldn't read the post, but I could see the pix. It looks like coke bottles (Plastic..) I would be worried it would buckle eventually and splat, water every where..Still, though, dam funny!

I think people are missing the point of function not how it looks. I think it is worth a try by someone who speaks english. That way they could share how it is with everyone. Remember, Dont judge a book by its cover. 8O

Back
Top Bottom